Home renovation projects are needed every few after years as paints fade, wallpapers fall off, tiles lose their luster, and roofs need replacements. Renovating your home involves time and money; deciding when and where to start is crucial so you can plan your budget and schedule to minimize your inconvenience.
Here we will discuss some factors and tips for renovating your home.
When to Decide for a Home Renovation
Renovating your home is challenging; it involves time and money and may cause some inconvenience in
some cases. However, the reward of having freshly painted rooms and newly tiled bathrooms improves
the aesthetics and ambiance of your home.
This project involves more than simply repainting; renovation includes changing the structure of your
home to accommodate an additional family member or expand space for comfort and aesthetic.
The Importance of a Home Renovation Estimate
Doing your research to have the best materials on a budget to compensate for the labor expenses.
Knowing the prices of materials and labor costs will give you a rough estimate of what you will spend on
this significant project.
An estimate of the cost is essential for any renovation project to avoid having trouble with your budget
and delays. It gives the homeowner a realistic perspective on how much it will cost and the time it will
take to finish the project.
Factors Affecting the Estimate
An estimate may give you an idea of what to expect, but some elements will affect the cost. Here are
some of those factors to keep in mind.
- Location of Your House – Renovation cost varies in your region due to the availability of
- materials and labor rates in your area.
- The Materials – Using high-end materials will be more expensive than standard materials,
- depending on your preference.
- The Part of the House to Renovate – Depending on the size and complication of the work will
- influence the renovation cost.
- Structural Revisions – Renovation may also involve structural improvements like extending a
- section of the house, plumbing, and electrical rewiring that requires more materials and labor
- than the usual repainting.
- Permits and Fees – Renovating a house requires permits and fees from the local government.
- The Deadline – In every project, there is a start and finish. The timeline of construction
- influences the cost of labor and materials.
How Much Does a Home Renovation Cost?
The renovation costs vary depending on the project; some are more expensive and time-consuming. A
simple repaint is cheaper than adding a room; considering the time, materials, and labor required, they
significantly differ. The estimated pricing per square meter depends on the living space.
- Room/home addition may cost an average of $50,000 with a cost of $80 to $200 per square meter that includes materials and labor
- Windows replacements will cost $300 to $2,100 per window
- Remodeling your living room will cost you an average of $8,000
- Bathrooms are $125 per square meter, averaging $12,000, depending on the scope. If it includes
- plumbing, it will cost more
- Renovating your kitchen costs $150 per square meter and may cost more with a modern kitchen
- appliances, some ranging in the hundreds of thousands.
Why Renovate Your House?
Comfort is one reason you renovate your home; redesigning your house for better lighting and
ventilation also gives a different vibe to the place. Safety is another reason; better plumbing and
electrical installation protects your home and family from avoidable accidents like fire and flooding.
Improving the living space also adds value to your home as an asset; it appraises the property’s price
when you decide to sell it.
Looking into renovating your home? Talk to the experts at IjaraCDC and see what Sharia-compliant
services can meet your needs.